The cost savings for the offshore model are being eroded as standards of living increase in countries such as India and China. Additionally offshore outsourcing requires significant overheads and can prove difficult for long-term partnerships requiring close contact or a rapid project turnaround.
Scott Logic’s Nearshore Model
Scott Logic’s nearshore model has numerous advantages:
Quality of its people
- Scott Logic only hires top quality, highly experienced, truly world-class consulting and programming talent.
- Scott Logic has a long and very successful track record of working in the financial technology sector. We can provide technical experts with deep understanding of even the most complex financial products.
- By nurturing the best candidates from local universities, a pipeline of talent is ensured for the future.
- We do not rotate consultants and will concentrate on building long-term team relationships.
- Scott Logic clients can be involved in the interview process for potential members of their team.
- Clients are more likely to build up trust and a long-term relationship with their dedicated Scott Logic teams in Bristol, Edinburgh, and Newcastle Upon Tyne. Firstly because we allocate a Scott Logic project manager to each client project and secondly because of a lower staff turn-over in these cities.
Location and time zone
- Most traditional offshore countries are asleep when New York opens but, being in the same time zone as London, Scott Logic is in the middle of the Asia and US time zones.
- Scott Logic can more easily handle complex, integrated consulting and development projects or intraday support requiring relatively high levels of communication with the client.
Scott Logic is primarily a financial technology consulting and software development company. Our projects have included mobile application strategy, rich internet applications, building data analysis tools, prototyping/proof of concepts of technologies. We also build new or refactor old trading systems and have produced client pricing and risk reports. We have expert knowledge of the Fixed Income and Equities businesses, so can pick up existing business projects and concepts very quickly.